Lassen Therapeutics is a therapeutic antibody discovery and development company dedicated to the identification of novel antibody-based medicines for serious unmet medical needs. Our lead program targets the IL-11 pathway, applying novel science against a new mechanism of action to potentially treat inflammatory fibrotic diseases and oncology. Lassen is comprised of a team of highly experienced and dedicated scientists and industry-experienced executives and are backed by a syndicate of top-notch venture investors. Our team is motivated by a passion to improve lives and provide hope to patients facing difficult diseases. To achieve these audacious goals, we are seeking team members who are equally as ambitious and inspired to make a difference.
We are currently seeking a Manager/Director, Corporate Development & Operations to join our team in San Diego. Reporting to the CEO, this position will provide strategic leadership and drive and support Lassen’s corporate initiatives in the areas of business operations, financial management, corporate and business development. This is an exceptional opportunity to drive the expansion of a growing biotechnology company.
- Manage and support Lassen’s corporate, business, and financial activities, ensuring alignment of operations with corporate strategy and goals
- Work in close partnership with the CEO, CSO, senior leadership, and Lassen’s external partners
- Proactively collaborate, influence, and align the company’s planning processes to achieve the overall company strategy
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new corporate and business initiatives; implement execution of business priorities
- Partner with senior executives, finance, and R&D to enable strategic resource allocation and trade-off decisions
- Bring a strategic view into Lassen by keeping abreast of evolving competitive landscape in areas of Lassen’s interest
- Play a key role in developing and executing corporate business development initiatives that are consistent with Lassen’s overall strategy, including leadership and support of academic and industry partnerships and deal processes from sourcing, analysis, due diligence, negotiation to contracting
- Lead activities to establish the business case for corporate and business development initiatives, including scientific/ technical evaluation, program plan development, market research, market opportunity assessment, competitive intelligence, strategic assessment, transaction financial structuring and present it to senior management
- Collaborate with finance on financial reporting including financial analysis, understanding of business drivers, and financial and business data packages for senior management
- Combination of business and scientific acumen, Advanced degree (MBA, MD or PhD)
- 5-8+ years of experience working in biopharma industry and/or consulting or investment banking in biopharma
- Experienced, well-rounded leader; experience in startup, venture-backed companies a plus
- Strong financial and business acumen including financial literacy and modeling capabilities – valuation methods and financial analysis
- Financial planning and analysis and/or business development transaction experience a plus
- Strategic understanding of pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Analytical thinker with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to drive the business forward through application of a strong understanding of the biopharma industry and drug development.
- Collaborative attitude with strong teamwork orientation and relationship management skills, adept at working with many different disciplines both inside and outside of the company.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment with a detailed but flexible approach. Ability to make sound, scalable, decisions and create clear processes.
- Self-motivated individual with a record of achievement through past industry experience
The level / title of this role will be based on candidate’s experience, skills and qualifications.
Location: This position is based in San Diego, CA. Given COVID-19, the position will be working remotely until conditions allow for onsite work.
Lassen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, term life and disability insurance and 401k plan benefits for employees and their families.
Lassen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected categories.
Send your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com