Lassen Therapeutics, located in San Diego, is a new therapeutic antibody discovery and development company dedicated to the identification of novel antibody-based medicines for serious unmet medical needs. Lassen Therapeutics is backed by leading venture capital companies in the healthcare industry, and run by a highly capable team of experienced and dedicated scientists. We are currently seeking to add to our lab-based team in San Diego, and this is a rare opportunity to join a new biotechnology company.
We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative individual with expertise in protein expression and/or purification to join our team. The successful candidate will play an important role in our programs, bringing their expertise to bear on the discovery and development of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies to novel targets in the areas of fibrosis, oncology and inflammation. You will be focused on the expression, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins, especially therapeutic antibodies. You will have an excellent understanding of molecular biology and protein expression in general, and experience in mammalian cell culture as well as protein purification and analysis. A good understanding of antibody structure and function, and the role of antibodies as therapeutic agents is an added advantage.
Laboratory duties will include culture and transfection of cell lines including HEK293and CHO cells, using transient transfection techniques and the creation, expansion and banking of stable cell lines. Protein purification using a range of techniques including affinity and ion-exchange chromatography, and characterization using biochemical and immunological methods such as SDS-PAGE, HPLC, binding assays such as ELISA and flow cytometry.
You will have experience of working on discovery programs in a biotech or pharma company and will be expected to work with limited supervision and effectively within a team setting. The candidate should also be able to learn new laboratory techniques efficiently, troubleshoot experiments, consult the scientific literature, ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard, and be able to present those results in a clear concise manner. The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced team environment, work with experienced professionals to further develop cutting edge laboratory methodologies, and make a major contribution to bringing new candidate medicines forward for clinical development.
- BS/MS in biochemistry, biology, molecular biology, or other life sciences discipline, plus at least 3 years experience of research in the biotechnology industry
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and knowledge of molecular biological and protein biochemistry techniques
- Familiarity with monoclonal antibodies and antibody engineering
- Strong writing and interpersonal communications with ability to convey complex concepts in an efficient manner
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce highly accurate and consistent results
- Highly collaborative with a strong interest in being part of a team
- Demonstrated work ethic, ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent judgment.
- Established track record of honesty, transparency, and treating everyone with respect.
- May be called upon for occasional weekend working
Lassen Therapeutics is an EEO employer, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for further details.