Lassen Therapeutics, located in San Diego, is a biotherapeutic discovery and development start-up dedicated to the identification of novel antibody-based medicines for serious unmet medical needs. Lassen Therapeutics is backed by leading venture capital companies in the healthcare industry and run by a highly experienced team of dedicated scientists. We are currently seeking to add an Intern to our team in San Diego. This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting new biotechnology company and gain invaluable hands-on work experience.
In this role, you will work on discovery programs and have an opportunity to learn new laboratory techniques while being a part of a fast-paced team environment. You will contribute to bringing new potential medicines forward for clinical development.
- Must be a current undergraduate student with some experience in a life science laboratory environment (academic, clinical, or commercial).
- Be willing to work in a BSL-2 Lab setting with biohazards / chemicals.
- Have a basic understanding of laboratory and aseptic techniques, including cell culture.
- Be able to accurately calculate concentrations and dilutions.
- Must be available to work approximately 10 hours/week, including at least two 4-hour shifts per week (days and hours are flexible). All work will be performed between our normal work hours of 7:00a to 6:00p., Monday to Friday.
- Be able to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form, be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and GraphPad Prism.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team environment.
- Positive can-do attitude and willingness to help other team members.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and flexibility to react quickly to changing research needs.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds and walk across our facility on a regular basis.
- Under direct supervision, you will run in vitro and cell-based assays to support Lassen drug discovery and production efforts.
- You will be trained by your colleagues on laboratory procedures, including cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques.
- You may be assigned other duties, such as reagent or solution creation and routine laboratory tasks.
- This role will also require excellent communication skills, organization and attention to detail, and the ability to follow established and documented protocols.
- Collaboration with the laboratory team members will be required to complete assigned tasks.
- You will maintain detailed and accurate records in a laboratory notebook.
- You may occasionally handle incoming and outgoing packages that assist your Lassen teammates.
- You will learn and follow all laboratory safety and compliance standards in accordance with company policies and SOPs.
Lassen Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected categories.
Rate of Pay = $19.00-$20.00/hour
Please contact email@example.com to apply or for further details.