Lassen Therapeutics, located in San Diego, is a new therapeutic antibody discovery and development company dedicated to the identification of novel antibody-based medicines for serious unmet medical needs. Lassen Therapeutics is backed by leading venture capital companies in the healthcare industry, and run by a highly capable team of experienced and dedicated scientists. We are currently seeking to add to our lab-based team in San Diego, and this is a rare opportunity to join a new biotechnology company.
We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative individual with expertise in cancer biology and immunology to join our team. The successful candidate will bring a deep understanding of human and mouse immunobiology an will play an important role in our programs, bringing their expertise to bear on the discovery and development of biologic therapeutics to novel targets in immuno-oncology. You will join our team working on innovative approaches to modify the tumor microenvironment and bring improved immunological approaches to cancer therapy. The successful candidate will use their expertise to assess target expression, immune cell involvement, intra-tumoral heterogeneity and treatment-induced changes in experimental models of cancer as well as in human tissue samples. You will have experience working with both human donor primary immune cells as well as cancer cell lines, and an excellent understanding of tumor immunology and approaches to modify the tumor microenvironment.
You will be able to design and implement in vitro or ex vivo cellular assays to model the tumor/immune cell microenvironment. This lab-based position requires excellent critical thinking and scientific skills which you will demonstrate in the design, execution and troubleshooting of complex experiments in vitro and in vivo.
You will have experience of working on discovery programs in a biotech or pharma company and will be expected to work with limited supervision and effectively within a team setting. The candidate should also be able to learn new laboratory techniques efficiently, troubleshoot experiments, consult the scientific literature, and ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard. The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced team environment, work with experienced professionals to further develop cutting edge laboratory methodologies, and make a major contribution to bringing new candidate medicines forward for clinical development.
- PhD in cancer biology, immunology, or other life sciences discipline, plus at least 3 years post-doctoral experience, industry experience preferred
- In-depth expertise in immunological techniques and immune cell functional assays
- Hands on experience in designing, executing and interpreting flow cytometry experiments
- Experienced in cancer biology model development
- Familiarity with therapeutic approaches in immuno-oncology
- Strong writing and interpersonal communications with ability to convey complex concepts in an efficient manner
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce highly accurate and consistent results
- Highly collaborative with a strong interest in being part of a team
- Demonstrated work ethic, ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent judgment.
- Established track record of honesty, transparency, and treating everyone with respect.
- May be called upon for occasional weekend working
Lassen Therapeutics is an EEO employer, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for further details.