We are looking to build our research team with a leader of our antibody engineering, molecular biology and protein sciences activities. Lassen Therapeutics is focused on delivering novel antibody-based medicines to address serious unmet medical needs. As part of our Research team, you will be responsible for generating, optimizing and characterizing novel biotherapeutics from lead generation to lead optimization and preclinical development. We are seeking a creative and highly motivated individual to join our talented multidisciplinary team.
You will be responsible for leading a wide range of research activities including the discovery and optimization of therapeutic antibodies to novel targets, generation of research reagents, and for making an important contribution to our future research and development strategies.
You will be a key member of our research team, providing cutting-edge scientific leadership to projects, setting strategic directions and presenting to internal scientific teams, decision making committees and external audiences. Individuals are expected to engage in cross-disciplinary efforts across discovery and development, you should possess core expertise and skills in molecular biology, protein and antibody discovery research that can be leveraged to lead and influence all levels of scientists.
- D in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field.
- Post-doctoral training and at least 10 years of additional experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industry post education.
- Strong expertise and a proven track record in the discovery and development of biologic therapeutics, molecular biology and protein sciences.
- Expertise in structural biology would be an additional advantage, as would expertise in protein:protein interactions.
- Strong experience and successful track record in leading projects or discovery efforts.
- Excellent team building and teamwork skills and ability to interact with and manage scientific staff, project teams, outside collaborators and commercial vendors.
- Strong background on using, optimizing, and productively applying complex technologies.
- Track record of scientific success demonstrated by authorship on publications and/ or patents in notable journals.
- Capability of independently designing experiments, generating data, interpreting results and documenting work.
- The ability and enthusiasm to learn new techniques and apply them carefully to solve biological problems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, self-management, prioritization, task planning and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to identify and implement creative solutions.
- Positive and professional approach.
Lassen Therapeutics offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance benefits for employees and their families. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution and stock options.
Lassen maintains a hybrid work culture. This role is an on-site, hands-on position, reporting to our Chief Scientific Officer, in our San Diego location.
Lassen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected category.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for further details.