Lassen Therapeutics is an emerging antibody discovery and development biotech company dedicated to the identification of novel antibody-based medicines for serious unmet medical needs. Lassen’s lead program targets the IL-11 pathway, applying novel science against a new mechanism of action to potentially treat fibro-inflammatory diseases such as thyroid eye disease (TED) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).Lassen Therapeutics is backed by leading venture capital companies in the life sciences industry and run by an experienced team of dedicated scientists.
Lassen is seeking a Vice President Clinical Development, reporting to the CMO. Candidates should have an M.D. and preferred experience in ophthalmology. The candidate must be comfortable proactively solving issues and working independently in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Brings strong experience in drug development and provides clinical oversight across all relevant studies and programs.
- Represents clinical function for health authority interactions along with the team.
- Assists in the design and development of clinical studies.
- Serves as Medical Monitor on assigned studies using high-touch approach to work closely with site coordinators and PIs to manage patients.
- Assumes leadership role in ongoing clinical study team and relevant sub-team meetings.
- Develops and writes protocols, reviews the CRFs with the Lassen team, reviews study data, and writes and reviews abstracts or manuscripts.
- Communicates with external Principal Investigators.
- Conducts site visits as an integral part of this role, with at least 20% estimated travel including global travel; builds strong relationships with site personnel.
- Conducts ongoing reviews of medical/safety data, interim analysis and reporting of data.
- Prepares for and attends select KOL interactions, advisory boards, major medical meetings, congresses and other events, publications and other materials.
- Ensures that clinical development plans, objectives, and deliverables are consistently accomplished on-time and on-target.
- M.D. or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of at least 10 years’ experience in drug development phase I-III, preferably within the pharma or biotech industry.
- Ophthalmology therapeutic area experience is preferred. Experience in fibrosis/pulmonary fibrosis is a bonus.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Proven track record of strong and effective leadership of multi-disciplinary teams within a drug development environment, particularly phase I-III.
- Strategic skills and strategic agility while remaining highly involved in clinical studies.
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills.
Lassen Therapeutics offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance benefits for employees and their families. They also offer a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution and stock options.
Lassen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected category.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for further details.